Dark Daily and COVID-19 STAT Intelligence Briefings is offering this FREE webinar as a service to our clinical lab and pathology colleagues
Held Wednesday, April 1
How are other clinical laboratories successfully working their way through the COVID-19 outbreak? What are different health networks doing to provide SARS-CoV-2 tests? Does your lab have questions dealing with specimen collection, availability of testing components, the analytical or post-analytical testing phase, your community’s population health direction, dealing with continually evolving algorithms, or PPE and overall safety concerns?
Attend this 60-minute webinar, including an interactive Q&A session, and hear the lessons learned by labs who are effectively handling the logistics of the COVID-19 pandemic. Be briefed on the pitfalls others have encountered and how to avoid them, get up-to-speed on the diagnostics, the latest with respect to the regulatory environment, how labs are dealing with limited availability of testing components and transport media, how they are using instrumentation already in place and automating for shorter TATs, and much more.
This free webinar is produced by The Dark Report in support of clinical laboratory professionals, pathologists, and PhDs as they respond to this unprecedented outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
You’ll get expert perspective on:
- Focusing on high-priority SARS-CoV-2 testing, including in-patients and healthcare workers
- Alternatives if your lab can’t get a specimen because the supply of swabs or transport media was used up
- Relieving the pressure of community demand for COVID-19 tests considering shortage of needed supplies
- Testing for SARs-CoV-2 in-house — validation materials, testing equipment, running assays
- Sample acquisition, viral sequencing, and how other labs are validating their tests
- Addressing personnel and patient safety concerns and precautions
- Evaluating how to assemble workgroups for improved workflow and testing processes
- Opening doors to expanded testing locations in your region
- Resources — sites where labs are sharing their samples for other labs to view and compare
- Progress being made with inactivated virus or other synthetic viral particles for test validation use
Who should attend?
- Laboratory Directors and Managers
- Laboratory Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Integrated Health System Leaders
- Hospital Group Leaders
- Physicians and Physician Group Leaders
- Phlebotomy Managers
- Courier & Logistics Managers
- Safety and Compliance Managers
During this challenging period, here is your chance to expand your insights, as well as brainstorm solutions and workarounds with your peers.
Moderated by Robert L. Michel
Editor-in-Chief of The Dark Report
President of The Dark Intelligence Group
Joel Lefferts, PhD, HCLD, DABCC
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Assistant Director, Clinical Genomics and Advanced Technology (CGAT)
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Christine L. Bean, PhD, MBA, MT(ASCP)
New Hampshire Public Health Laboratory Administrator
Division of Public Health Services