Dark Daily and COVID-19 STAT Intelligence Briefings is offering this FREE webinar as a service to our clinical lab and pathology colleagues
Wednesday, December 2 at 1 PM EST
The arrival of fall each year brings with it flu season. This year, the U.S. influenza season is particularly worrisome as we continue to battle the COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) pandemic. With the peak of flu season spanning several months and possibly into the spring of 2021, clinical laboratories will likely see dramatic upward swings in the number of people who need flu and SARS-CoV-2 testing simultaneously, while at the same time being faced with an acute shortage of tests and testing supplies.
What steps can be taken on a systemic level within the laboratory industry to help manage the potential onslaught of infection and likelihood of increased testing? One promising answer is pooled testing. Pooled testing is one way to use the clinical laboratory’s testing supplies, resources, and efforts wisely, and is receiving significant attention as a method of performing large volumes of clinical laboratory tests while conserving critical testing resources. This testing method was also recognized by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) over the summer.
Attend this complimentary webinar, with follow-up Q&A, to learn about the pros and cons of pooled testing and how they must be evaluated when determining if pooled testing is the right solution for meeting your lab’s SARS-CoV-2 and seasonal flu testing demands.
Attend this 60-minute program, and you will:
- Understand the concept of pooled testing in the clinical laboratory setting, specifically for COVID-19
- Weigh the pros and cons of pooled testing for a given population and/or outbreak
- Learn when pooled testing may be the right solution for your laboratory, and when it may not
- Uncover potential benefits of the proper use of pooled testing, including decreased TAT, bulk test order processing, increased staff efficiency, and more efficient use of supplies
- Evaluate the most important features of pooled testing workflow technology, such as vendor-agnostic LIS connectivity, pool protection, test validation rules, and support for compliant reporting
- Plus real-world examples of pooled testing for COVID-19 including detailed workflow visuals highlighting both orders and results, and much more!
Who should attend?
- Lab Directors and Lab Managers
- Molecular lab leaders
Your registration includes:
- A site license to attend the webinar. Invite as many members of your team as you would like!
- The opportunity to pose specific questions, and connect directly with the panel, during a Q&A session
With your attendance of this webinar, you will gain a clear understanding of when it makes sense to implement pooled testing, specifically for COVID-19, understand the potential benefits of pooled testing, as well as learn the important features to look for when selecting pooled testing workflow technology.
Director, Product Management
Danielle Tangorre, Esq.
General Counsel, NILA
Shareholder, O’Connell & Aronowitz
Director, Product Marketing