Dark Daily and COVID-19 STAT Intelligence Briefings is offering this FREE webinar as a service to our clinical lab and pathology colleagues
Recorded March 31, 2021
The SARS-CoV2 pandemic has had a profound impact on clinical laboratories. Across the globe, labs have been forced to rapidly adapt as the volume and breadth of testing dramatically shifted to support COVID-19 diagnostics. A 50-60% decline in the flow of routine specimens and revenues has been noted as higher value tests were paused or replaced with COVID-related diagnostics.
But with the introduction of vaccines from companies like Pfizer and Moderna, COVID testing at current volumes won’t last forever. As these testing volumes decrease, there’s no guarantee that higher value tests will fill the void at the same rate.
This presents an even larger challenge looming on the horizon: How does your lab begin to prepare itself to succeed in a post-pandemic world?
Start your plan now to navigate the transition by attending this complimentary webinar with follow-up Q&A. Jamie Platt, CEO of BRIDGenomics, joined by Andrew Warren, Senior Associate at Third Rock Ventures and Barry Wark, CEO of Ovation, will share their insights and discuss ways in which your lab’s current testing can create assets for the future—and how you can best position your lab for success in a post-pandemic environment by leveraging your diagnostic data as a strategic asset.
Attend this 60-minute program, and you will:
- Learn how a new population of COVID patients will accelerate drug discovery and drive life-science companies to find new, more integrated ways to collaborate with their laboratory partners
- Discover how this new relationship will rapidly increase demand for data and follow-on molecular testing
- Understand the practical steps your lab needs to take now in order to take advantage and leverage your COVID-19 sample data as a strategic asset, including systems and processes that need to be in place and more
Who should attend?
- ANY laboratory that is doing COVID-19 testing
- Molecular laboratory owners and managers
- Academic medical centers
Your registration includes:
- A site license to attend the webinar. Invite as many members of your team as you would like!
- The opportunity to pose specific questions, and connect directly with the panel during a Q&A session
FACT: COVID will fundamentally change how life-science companies develop new drugs.
FACT: 10-25 Million Americans have or will get long-haul COVID, which will drive the creation of a new class of therapeutics dedicated to reducing the symptoms.
FACT: To address the changes brought on by COVID as well as the creation of a large new patient population, drug companies will be driven to find new ways to leverage existing real-world data and to accelerate drug development.
FACT: A large percentage of those with severe COVID present comorbidities. As a result, follow-on studies will need to be conducted to confirm the fidelity of biomarkers used to identify and monitor the treatment of these diseases, as well as discover new, more accurate indicators.
It is urgently important for labs doing high-volume COVID testing to begin thinking about the samples they collect as strategic assets and how they can be leveraged to support the above needs.